Updated June 27, 2012
The CDDB Gracenote database allows your Pioneer AVIC-Z3*, AVIC-Z2, or AVIC-Z1 HDD Navigation unit to identify album, song, and artist names. Updates to this database are released periodically, and can be updated by downloading and installing the latest update. To download the files and install the update, follow the instructions below.
*IMPORTANT: AVIC-Z3 units need a Firmware Update (Version 3.100400) to use this CDDB Gracenote database update. Before proceeding, please read and install the AVIC-Z3 Firmware Update.
1. Click on the link below to start your download.
PioneerGracenote_12-01-0020.zip (330 MB)
Version number: 12-01-0020
Database Date: June 2012
If your browser does not automatically start the download process, be sure that your browser or security software is set to allow downloading of files from this web site. You can also right-click the file name and select “Save As” to start the download process.
2. Once you have downloaded the file to your computer, locate the file on your hard disk drive and double click the file to decompress it. If you do not have a decompression utility installed on your computer, you can download WinZip for free.
3. Burn all of the decompressed files to a recordable CD-R or CD-RW using a CD burning program (DVDs should not be used). The decompressed files should include:
All of these files must be copied to the root of the CD and should not be copied into any folders. Please note that the CD you record must be in one of the following formats using Mode 1: ISO9660 level1/level2, Joliet, or Romeo.
NOTE: Discs created with the build-in Windows XP CD burning software cannot be read by the AVIC-Z1/Z2. You must use a third-party CD burning program to create the disc.
4. With your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit turned on, insert the update CD into the drive.
5. Once the CD is inserted, your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit will show that it is “Checking disc” and “CD-ROM inserted” for approximately 45 seconds and then prompt you to start the update process. If you are not prompted to start the update, there may be a problem with your CD. Be sure that you have burned the CD properly in one of the proper formats.
Press “Yes” to begin the update.
An icon will appear indicating that the update is taking place.
Your Pioneer HDD Navigation will prompt you when the update is complete.
Please note that the update may take up to 25 minutes to complete.
You can resume the update if you interrupt your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit (or turn-off your vehicle) during the update process.
You can eject the CD during the update. When you reinsert the CD, the update will continue.
You cannot access the CD/DVD drive during the update but you can continue to use all other functions.
6. Once the operation has completed, you can update any tracks or albums stored in your music library with the latest Gracenote database information.
While listening to an album stored in your music library, press the “Edit Track” button.
The current track information will be displayed.
Press the “Update Title” button to update the artist, title, genre, and track information with the latest Gracenote data.
COMMON UPDATE ERRORS
1. Your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit will not allow you to install an old version of the Gracenote database. You may already have the latest version installed and may not need to update the database.
To check the version number of the Gracenote database currently installed in your Pioneer HDD Navigation unit, follow the instructions below:
The version number of the installed Gracenote database will be shown.
2. If the CD cannot be read, the update will be canceled. The CD may not have been properly recorded or the CD may be damaged. If you receive this prompt, you may need to re-record a new CD. Make sure you still have the appropriate files, then record another disc and try again.
Please note that the CD you record must be in one of the following formats in Mode 1: ISO9660 level1/level2, Joliet, or Romeo.
If you have attempted to cancel the update, pressing “Yes” will cancel the operation. Pressing “No” will continue the update.