AppRadio 2 Firmware Update v8.17
July 18, 2012
Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:
We would like to inform you of an important firmware update (version 08.17 released in July 2012) for the Pioneer AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) in-dash multimedia system. This firmware update applies only to AppRadio 2 units sold in the United States and Canada.
This firmware update (v8.17) contains the following improvements:
- Increased accuracy during touch panel use.
- Improved recognition of devices connected with an MHL adapter.
- Faster response when utilizing REAR VIEW mode.
This notice explains how to obtain the free firmware update for the AppRadio 2 SPH-DA100. Even if you are not currently experiencing any issues with your AppRadio 2 in-dash multimedia system, we still recommend that you install the free firmware update. Installation of the updates should take less than ten minutes to complete.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE
1. Download the INSTRUCTIONS for the AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) Firmware Update v08.17.
2. Download the update files to a computer by clicking on the following link and transfer the files to a USB flash drive for connection to the AppRadio 2:
You can also choose to order a USB flash drive containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then transferring to the Parts Order Department or;
arrange for your AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) in-dash multimedia system to be shipped to Pioneer for installation of the update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then transferring to the Warranty & Service Department.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED
1. From the AppRadio 2 main screen press the camera icon in the upper right-hand corner.
Note: The CAMERA POLARITY in the SETTINGS menu must be set to 'Battery' or 'Ground.' If the CAMERA POLARITY is set to 'OFF' the camera icon on the main screen of the AppRadio 2 will be inactive.
2. If the word 'CAUTION' is shown without brackets, as shown below, the v8.17 firmware update is required.
3. If the word 'CAUTION' is shown as '[CAUTION]', as shown below, the v8.17 firmware update has already been applied.
4. Press the HOME button to return to the main screen. Press the camera icon button again to tun off the rear view input.
Note: If the CAMERA POLARITY was changed from 'OFF' in Step 1, return to the SETTINGS menu and change the CAMERA POLARITY from 'Battery' or 'Ground' back too the original 'OFF' setting.
in the SETTINGS menu must be set to 'Battery' or 'Ground.' If the CAMERA POLARITY is set to 'OFF' the camera icon on the main screen of the AppRadio 2 will be inactive.
If you have any questions, please contact the Pioneer Customer Service Center toll free at 1-800-421-1404. Pioneer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), except on Holidays.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.