Sports. Movies. Sitcoms. Yes, even reality shows. They all look phenomenally great on this 50” (Diagonal) Widescreen high-definition plasma TV. And with good reason: here are just some of the technologies that Pioneer has built in:
- Pioneer’s exclusive PureDrive™ keeps video signals entirely in a lossless digital domain, for greater signal control and far higher video quality.
- With Pioneer’s new Advanced PureCinema™ with 3-3 pulldown, film-based material on DVD, videotape, and even regular TV will match the smooth, natural reproduction you’d see in a theater.
- ACE II (Advanced Continuous Emission II) uses 10-bit processing to produce 1,024 gradation steps for each cell—creating a palette of over 1.07 billion colors and delivering reproduction accuracy up to 16 times greater than competitors’ panels.
- Deep Encased Cell Structure: Each individual lamp is encased in its own “cell”, with walls on all sides so that light doesn’t bleed into neighboring cells. This energy-efficient design allows each lamp to deliver a more concentrated beam of light, for truer colors and brighter images.
- Black Stripe Coating: Pioneer places a patented black coating between each row of plasma cells, absorbing the light hitting the panel. This significantly reduces reflections coming back to your viewing position and nearly doubles the effective contrast.
- Full 1280 x 768 resolution.
- The PDP-5045HD comes fully loaded: its outboard media receiver is equipped with a Digital Cable Ready Tuner (DCR) with a basic Passport EPG and an ATSC terrestrial HDTV tuner plus a full set of interfaces, including a next-generation High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). This all-digital, high-bandwidth consumer interface can transfer huge amounts of pure, digital data at very high rates of speed. Two-way stereo speakers and a swivel stand are also included.