- Wireless Multi-Room Audio with FireConnect™
- Built-in Dual Band WiFi and Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Limitless Internet Radio & Streaming Music Options
- Two Large 77mm Woofers
- Chromecast™-enabled apps with Chromecast built-in*
*Functionality via firmware update
Suggested Price$349 Check Dealer
*1 Available with future firmware update
*2 Service only available in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand
*3 Available for free download from the App StoreSM/the Google Play™
FireConnect Wireless Multi-room Audio
FireConnect mirrors network audio and external analog sources connected to master component—from streaming services to vinyl records—on single or grouped MRX-3 speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into Pioneer Remote App for iOS and Android™.
* FireConnect™ is enabled with a firmware update. Sharing audio from external inputs depends on model and is enabled with a future firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
The MRX-3 has Chromecast built-in*, so you can use your mobile device to stream music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook.
*Functionality via firmware update.
Internet Radio & Online Music
Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including Pandora®, Spotify®, TuneIn, TIDAL, and Deezer.
Two Large Woofers
The MRX-3 has two large woofers, 77 mm each that delivers dynamic deep bass from the compact speaker.
Built-in Dual Band Wi-Fi
Enjoy network features such as audio streaming via wireless LAN connection. The built-in Wi-Fi is dual band, supporting both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz frequency channels. By using the 5 GHz band, you can enjoy steady and uninterrupted streaming of audio files.
Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
With Bluetooth Wireless Technology (ver. 4.1+LE), you can easily stream songs from compatible devices. The MRX-3 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, with support for SBC/AAC codecs.
Stereo Mode By FireConnect Technology
With Stereo Mode, two MRX-3 speakers can be combined to be used as the left and right speakers.
* Available with future firmware update
Pioneer Remote App Ready
Enjoy smooth operation using your beloved device. With the free Pioneer Remote app, you can use your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android device such as a smartphone for operating the wireless speaker, or play back tunes stored on your smartphone. You can also select internet radio stations, and playback songs from your media server.
* The speaker needs to be connected to a home LAN network in a wireless LAN environment.
- 2 Way (77 mm Woofer x 2 + 26 mm Tweeter )
- By FireConnect™ Technology for Combining Two (Available with future firmware update)
- Yes (Functionality via firmware update)
- Yes (Available with future firmware update)
- With FireConnect™
- Yes (Pandora Service only available in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand)
- (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- (Version: 4.1+LE, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
•PIONEER and the logos are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license.•Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. •The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. •Pandora, the Pandora logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. used with permission. •Spotify and the Spotify logo are trademarks of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries. •Android, Google Play, and Chromecast are trademarks of Google Inc. •For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, DTS and the Symbol together, Play-Fi, and the Play-Fi logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. •FireConnect is a technology of Blackfire Research Corp, USA. •iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. •IOS is a trademark on which Cisco holds the trademark right in the US and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
© 2017 Onkyo & Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Note: Specifications and design subject to change without notice.