New Apps and App Updates Now Available for AppRadio
Within just six months of the debut of the AppRadio™ head unit, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is proud to announce three new compatible apps and an update for the AppRadio Application that improves functionality of the innovative in-dash entertainment system. To mark AppRadio’s success in the market, Pioneer is helping consumers bring the technology into their dash with a $50 mail-in installation rebate.
A video demonstration of the updates and improvements are located on the Pioneer AppRadio webpage, www.pioneerelectronics.com/AppRadio. (AUPEO! demo currently not included but will be available soon)
- DashCommand™ (Version 2.9.0): Utilizing the built-in GPS and accelerometer sensors of the iPhone®, DashCommand displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle’s OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the AppRadio screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.
- StreamS HiFi™ (Version 5.1.1): Using the StreamS Internet radio directory, the Streams HiFi app provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.
- AUPEO! Personal Radio (Version 2.36): With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs or AUPEO!’s “Mood-Tuner.” Users can also choose to “love” or “ban” songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user’s personal taste.
- AppRadio App (Version 1.2.1): Improves performance and enhances functionalities including:
- Apple® iOS 5 support
- Multi-touch pinch and zoom capability on Google® Maps
- Compatible Applications (Various versions):
- Apple iOS 5 support
- Return Home Function – Several AppRadio compatible apps have implemented the ability for users to return directly to the AppRadio app screen simply by pressing the “Home Button” key on the face of the AppRadio. This provides easy access to app switching directly from the screen of the AppRadio.
- Ted Cardenas, director of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Since the release of AppRadio, we’ve been tracking customer feedback to ensure that the product continues to evolve and enhance the user’s experience. The ability to continuously improve the system with additional apps and software updates allows us to enhance the system and add features seamlessly. This flexible and growing library of apps makes the Pioneer AppRadio unlike any other aftermarket car radio available today.”
Current AppRadio Compatible Applications:
- Pioneer® AppRadio App
- MotionX®-GPS DRIVE
- INRIX® Traffic
- PANDORA® Internet Radio
Pioneer’s AppRadio is currently available for a suggested retail price of $399. Pioneer is offering an installation rebate for purchases from authorized Pioneer retailers from November 9, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Check with authorized Pioneer retailers for terms and conditions.
More app providers are coming onboard every day to develop compatible apps for AppRadio. All future compatible apps and updates will be announced via Pioneer’s Facebook® and Twitter® pages and current users will be notified automatically through the Recommended Apps section of the AppRadio application.
PIONEER and APPRADIO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
DASHCOMMAND is a trademark of Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
STREAMS HIFI is a trademark of Modulation Index, LLC.
AUPEO! Personal Radio is a trademark of AUPEO!
APPLE is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
GOOGLE is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
MotionX is a trademark of Fullpower-MotionX in the United States and other countries.
INRIX is a registered trademark of Inrix, Inc.
RDIO is a registered trademark of Rdio, Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.