New Line of Pioneer In-Dash Multimedia DVD Receivers Offer the Most Entertainment Options in the Car
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new 2014 line of in-dash multimedia DVD receivers that focuses on providing the most entertainment options in the car. Consisting of the AVH-X1600DVD, AVH-X2600BT, AVH-X3600BHS, AVH-X4600BT and AVH-X5600BHS, all five models have a refined, sophisticated look and offer advanced technologies that provide users with a variety of entertainment options including MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology, DVD/CD media playback, MirrorLink™, improved AppRadio® Mode for iPhone® 5, Pandora® station creation, SiriusXM® satellite radio compatibility, built-in HD Radio® and USB connectivity. For added convenience and smartphone connectivity options, all new DVD receivers feature Bluetooth® wireless connectivity1, Android™ Media Transfer Protocol, wireless iPod® Control and Siri® Eyes Free functionality.
“The variety of entertainment options available to the consumer is greater than ever, from traditional sources such as DVD video and CD music, to multimedia audio and video streamed from the Internet - all available through a connected smartphone - and today's consumer expects to have access to all of their content,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer's latest DVD receivers provide the features and connectivity to access many of the latest content and services, through a safer and easier to use interface specifically designed for the vehicle.”
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drives and now Android devices via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol2.
- MIRRORLINK (All Models) – For the first time, all new DVD models are MirrorLink compatible with Pioneer’s CD-ML1003 interface cable (sold separately, $100). Created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), MirrorLink technology enables consumers to connect compatible smartphones to access Music, Contacts and Maps through the MirrorLink interface for a more convenient and safer in-car experience.
- APPRADIO MODE (All Models) – Pioneer’s revolutionary AppRadio Mode is available in all 2014 DVD receiver models (compatible iPhone and Pioneer accessory cables required, sold separately). Using the free of charge Pioneer AppRadio App, users can easily view and control compatible third-party apps* installed on their compatible iPhone devices on the receivers’ large WVGA LCD touchscreen displays, expanding the receiver’s functionality to more than just a traditional in-dash receiver.
Pioneer simplifies the AppRadio Mode connectivity using an iPhone 5 with the new CD-IV203 cable (sold separately, $70), a lower priced cable solution that includes a 2 meter (RGB 26-pin to VGA) connector and a .5 meter (Lightning to USB) cable.
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (All models) – An industry first, all new Pioneer DVD receivers allow users to quickly create new Pandora stations while connected to an iPhone or compatible Android smartphone device. Models that are equipped with Bluetooth enable wireless control and display of Pandora internet radio content, no longer requiring a physical cable connection with a smartphone device. Users can simply touch the “plus” icon on the receiver and the unit will display a pop-up menu to create a station dynamically using the artist name or track information.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – Models AVH-X2600BT and up feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling and receiving (HFP) as well as music streaming (A2DP) with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The models also support Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and related metadata (if available) to be viewed directly on the Pioneer touchscreen display, as well as the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones.
Bluetooth enabled Pioneer receiver models provide iPhone 4S (or newer) users with Siri Eyes Free functionality for a safer and more convenient smartphone experience. With Siri Eyes Free, users can utilize the power of voice control to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, listen to notifications, and add reminders.
- MIXTRAX MUSIC TECHNOLOGY (All Models) – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from a compatible iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY (AVH-X3600BHS and AVH-X5600BHS)
Both the AVH-X3600BHS and AVH-X5600BHS are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required) and include the Tune Start™ and Tune Scan™ features. The Tune Scan feature scans through songs from the user’s favorite music presets. When a user enables the Tune Start feature and tunes to a favorite preset music channel, the current song will automatically start playing from the beginning.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY (AVH-X3600BHS and AVH-X5600BHS)
For listening to high quality audio broadcasts, the AVH-X3600BHS and AVH-X5600BHS feature built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country. Both models also feature the HD Radio Artist Experience™, displaying album art or station logos (when available) in addition to the artist and song title information.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers offer a stylish and elegant cosmetic design that can refresh the look of any dashboard with a large 6.1 or 7-inch WVGA touchscreen display. Their graphical user interface (GUI) along with Pioneer’s Touch Slide Control and finger EQ setting feature provide quick control to sources and features.
Each model offers three preamp outputs, DivX®/MP3/WMA/AAC playback, aux input (rear), MOSFET 50W X 4 high power and Advanced Sound Retriever. The AVH-X4600BT and AVH-X5600BHS both feature high volt (4V) RCA outputs for increased sound quality connection when used with external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers are now available with suggested prices of $300 (AVH-X1600DVD), $350 (AVH-X2600BT), $400 (AVH-X3600BHS), $450 (AVH-X4600BT) and $500 (AVH-X5600BHS).
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
*Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing an USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
3 CD-ML100 uses RGB navigation input. AVIC-U250 hideaway navigation cannot be used while CD-ML100 is connected.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APPRADIO are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
MirrorLink and the MirrorLink logo are certification marks of the Car Connectivity Consortium LLC.
iPHONE and iPOD are trademarks of Apple Inc registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio and Artist Experience are property trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
DivX is a registered trademark of Rovi Corporation.