Pioneer Offers Complete Audio|Video Line for Today's In-Car Lifestyle
Mobile Entertainment Innovations Bring Versatility, Convenience and Performance to Consumers
Innovations with in-car entertainment continue to rival the living room experience in terms of quality, convenience and control. Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the established leader in mobile entertainment products, today adds a new rear seat entertainment package to its comprehensive line proving the company's dedication to offering consumers a complete multi-media center on wheels.
Designed for quick and easy installation, Pioneer’s new RSE-SYS8000HP offers high quality rear video with an 8-inch widescreen display that can be attached to most double-poled headrests without modifying the vehicle. The package also includes two wireless headphones so that rear passengers can enjoy DVD movies while front passengers listen to music or simply enjoy a quiet drive.
“This rear seat entertainment package furthers Pioneer's goal to design products that meet the demands of today's in-car lifestyle,” said Michael Townsen, vice president of marketing for the mobile entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “From rear-seat entertainment packages to powerful multi-media centers, Pioneer brings superior mobile entertainment to consumers on their own terms.”
The Ultimate 3-in-1 System
Pioneer recently introduced the AVIC-N1, the industry's first audio/video/navigation system that merges entertainment, information and vehicle dynamics technologies into one product. For the first time consumers can obtain route guidance information, listen to AM/FM/XM satellite radio, and play DVD movies for rear passengers, all at the same time. If that isn't enough, the AVIC-N1 also incorporates a vehicle dynamics monitor that allows consumers to accurately assess their car's performance in terms of acceleration, lateral G-force, angular velocity and other measurements. This feature is expected to be especially popular among automotive enthusiasts and the rapidly growing youth “tuner” market. For people who modify their cars with upgraded tires, wheels, suspension and other aftermarket equipment, the performance gauges allow them to compare their car's performance with stock equipment versus aftermarket parts.
Powerful and Versatile Audio
Pioneer has raised the standard for in-car audio with mobile entertainment innovations that incorporate technologies previously only available in home theater systems. The AVH-P7500DVD brings exceptional audio quality to the car with Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital 5.1, and DVD-Audio playback capability, enveloping listeners in multi-channel surround sound.
"Consumers are seeking ways to bring the engaging cinema and home theater experience on the road with them," said Patrick Artiaga, Director, Automotive Marketing, Dolby Laboratories. "With its latest multi-media products incorporating Dolby surround sound technologies, Pioneer is advancing the future of in-car entertainment for mobile consumers."
Since music in now available in nearly as many formats as there are musical genres, Pioneer has responded with versatile products that meet consumers' in-car listening needs. In addition to the phenomenal, high fidelity sound provided by DVD-Audio discs, the AVH-P7500DVD also offers playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/DVD-RW, CD, CD-R and MP3.
Installation to Meet Your Needs
Convenience and ease of installation are important considerations to consumers selecting a new rear seat entertainment system. The new RSE-SYS8000HP makes installation a snap with a bracket that easily attaches and detaches from the headrest of the car. This way people can add rear seat video without tearing into the seat, a feature that is appealing to many consumers, especially those with leased vehicles. For consumers looking for a slightly smaller headrest display, the AVD-W6200 is available either on its own, or with a multi-media center in the AV-SYS701RSE package. Pioneer also offers the AV-SYS700RSE, which includes a flip-down monitor for consumers who prefer to enjoy their movies that way.
Highlights of Pioneer's in-car multi-media line include:
- AVD-W6200 – Detachable 6.5-inch high-resolution display that comes with an easy-to-install bracket that makes it possible to add rear-seat video to most headrests with minimal modification to the vehicle. (MSRP $600).
- RSE-SYS8000HP – New rear seat entertainment package that includes a detachable 8-inch high-resolution display, two wireless headphones and an IR transmitter. The AVD-W8000 monitor included in the package offers excellent picture quality with its active matrix 16:9 LCD screen for optional wide-screen viewing (MSRP $880).
- AVH-P6500DVD – One of Pioneer's top selling multi-media centers includes a 6.5-inch motorized, touch-panel display. It offers playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD and MP3, as well as dual zone capabilities (MSRP $1900).
- AV-SYS701RSE – Best for sedans and leased vehicles, this A/V package includes Pioneer's AVH-P6500DVD in-dash DVD player and an AVD-W6200 quick release 6.5-inch LCD wide screen rear-seat monitor (MSRP $2700).
- AV-SYS700RSE – Perfect for larger automobiles such as sport utility vehicles (SUV), this A/V package includes the AVH-P6500DVD in-dash DVD player, AVR-W6100 overhead 6.5-inch flip-down monitor and two wireless headphones (MSRP $3000).
- AVH-P7500DVD – In-car multi-media center with 7-inch motorized, touch-panel display. Features DVD-Audio playback, Dolby Digital and DTS for 5.1 surround sound on the road, and a built-in TV tuner so passengers can watch an on air broadcast when the car is parked (MSRP $2700).
Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.