Pioneer Awarded DJ Manufacturer of the Year
Pioneer Honored in Five Categories at the 27th Annual International Dance Music Awards
The Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division (Pioneer DJ) won five awards at the 2012 Winter Music Conference (WMC) held on March 22, including the prestigious Manufacturer of the Year and Best New Product award for its new DDJ-T1 DJ controller. Pioneer DJ was honored for three other award categories including Best Headphone (HDJ-2000), Best CD player (CDJ-2000) and Best Mixer (DJM-900nexus). These awards highlight Pioneer’s technological contributions to the industry and commitment to bringing the very best product offerings and experiences to the DJ community.
Celebrating its 27th consecutive year, the WMC’s week-long gathering in Miami, Fla. is considered as one of the most popular music gatherings in the world, attracting thousands of DJs, producers and music industry professionals from over 70 countries. More than 100,000 attendees take part in the annual music event that incorporates over 400 mini events, seminars, workshops, parties and over 1,400 artists and DJ performances. The International Dance Music Awards (IDMA) put on by WMC is the only longstanding awards event dedicated to the electronic and dance music industry. The awards highlight innovative artists, products and technologies from the previous year.
“It’s an honor to be recognized by our peers in the DJ and music industry,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We want to continue to bring the most innovative and technologically advanced products to market so DJs around the world, from aspiring DJs to professionals and everyone in between, can perform to their utmost potential.”
Pioneer won the following coveted IDMA industry awards:
27th Annual International Dance Music Awards (IDMA) – More than two million votes were cast from music enthusiasts to recognize the most innovative and elite artists, DJs, producers, equipment, manufacturers and labels in the business in 57 award categories.
- Best Manufacturer: Winner – Pioneer DJ – Pioneer was honored for outstanding contributions to the advancement of the industry. Pioneer has won IDMA’s coveted Best Manufacturer award five years in a row, since the award category was first introduced on the ballot in 2008.
- Best New Product: Winner – DDJ-T1 – First available in February 2011, the DDJ-T1 is a DJ controller dedicated for use with Native Instrument’s TRAKTOR® DJ software and designed for the next generation of home and casual DJs who leverage digital music files. When the controller is combined with a computer, DJs of all levels have access to the same operability and functionality of a professional player and mixer setup along with excellent audio quality.
- Best Mixer: Winner – DJM-900nexus – The high performance digital mixer is designed for today’s DJ performers and is an ideal complement to Pioneer’s latest CDJ line of players. The DJM-900nexus offers a multitude of features including a variety of onboard effects, increased sound quality, and direct PC connection to enable any DJ to perform to their utmost potential
- Best CD Player: Winner – CDJ-2000 – The highly regarded CDJ-2000 multi-format digital media player has features that DJs of all experience levels can use to enhance their mixing and scratching capabilities. The player includes proprietary technologies such as rekordbox™ music management, 6.1” Full color LCD panel, Pro DJ Link, Needle Search and USB and SD card connectivity, which help reduce the DJ’s reliance on his or her laptop to access music files.
- Best Headphones: Winner - HDJ-2000 – HDJ-2000 is Pioneer’s highest performance headphone and provides exceptional sound that clearly and accurately reproduces audio, a comfortable fit to minimize fatigue from long periods of use, and high durability that withstands demanding conditions. It is ideal for use in DJ environments and studios.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
REKORDBOX is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.