Pioneer DJM-250 Entry Level DJ Mixer Offers Big Features in a Small Package
Compact Sized Mixer Integrated with Professional Features
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to make it easy for consumers to create their own music mix with the introduction of its new DJM-250 2-channel entry level mixer. Offering the functionality of a professional mixer, but designed for the beginner DJ, the compact DJM-250 features industry-first 2-channel filter effects1, eight different inputs and XLR balanced outputs.
“We’re all about exposing that inner DJ in all of us by offering products that make it easy and affordable to be an aspiring DJ. The great thing about this art is that there’s no right or wrong in mixing music together, it’s just about having fun and expressing yourself,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DJM-250 is ideal for building that starter DJ system because it has room for growth within its feature set.”
Multitude of Features
- Sound Color Filter – The manual filter function employed on each channel of Pioneer's high-end equipment is built into the DJM-250 as its Sound Color Filter function. By simply turning the integrated large knob, filter effects can be adjusted enabling dynamic and intuitive song arranging. In addition, since filter effects can be added independently to the songs on each channel, a variety of mixing possibilities can be realized by combining fader operation and EQ effects. Furthermore, different colors and blinking lights on the knob visually indicate the filter mode of the mixer.
- Eight Inputs – The DJM-250-K/DJM-250-W is equipped with eight different input paths including four DJ multi-player and analog turntable inputs, three auxiliary (AUX) inputs, and one microphone (MIC) input. The mixer can be used as a preamp and connected to a variety of devices such as PCs, portable music players, televisions or synthesizers.
- XLR Balanced Outputs – The DJM-250-K/DJM-250-W is equipped with XLR balanced outputs that minimize degradation of audio signals. Additionally, the mixer enables users to quickly connect XLR compatible devices such as powered speakers without an adapter.
- Additional Features
- Compatible with 48 kHz/24-bit full digital processing for added sound quality
- Each channel equipped with a 3-band isolator type equalizer to allow a wide level of control (+9dB to ∞ of cut for HI/MID/LOW bands)
- Fader Start Play function enables user to begin playback on connected Pioneer DJ players linked with fader operation
- Peak level meter displays audio input level for each channel
- Cross Fader Curve Adjust function allows switching between three patterns of cross fader curves
- Rack mount ears for installation into a DJ table or DJ rack
The black DJM-250-K will be available in December 2011 with a suggested retail price of $399.00.
The white DJM-250-W will be available in January 2012 with a suggested retail price of $399.00.
(DJM-250 Video Demonstration link)
|Number of channels||2 Channels|
|Inputs||CD x 2 (RCA),
PHONO/LINE x 2 (RCA),
MIC x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE),
AUX x 3 (RCA x 2, 3.5 mm STEREO MINI JACK x 1)
|Outputs||MASTER OUT x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1),
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
|Other terminals||CONTROL OUT x 2 (3.5 mm MINI JACK)|
|A/D, D/A converter||48 kHz / 24-bit|
|Frequency range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.01% or less|
|Signal to noise ratio||74 dB or more (CD)|
|Included adapter||120 V AC (60 Hz)|
|External dimensions||9.45 in. (W) x 11.82 in. (D) x 4.24 in. (H)|
1 Industry’s first filter effects on a 2 channel DJ mixer as of September 21, 2011 based on Pioneer research
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.