Pioneer Integrates iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch Control in Latest DJ System
XDJ-R1 is the Industry’s First Wireless DJ System with iOS Device Control Capability
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled the XDJ-R1, the industry’s first1 all-in-one DJ system to feature wireless control functionality through an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch via Pioneer’s specially designed “remotebox” app2. The versatile system features Wireless Direct, to enable reliable wireless connectivity with an iOS device even when a WiFi® network is not available, Auto Beat Loop, Beat Sync, USB device connectivity, built-in CD players and MIDI control.
“Pioneer continues its efforts to build innovative DJ products that match today’s consumer lifestyle with the introduction of the XDJ-R1,” said David Arevalo, marketing director, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Expanding on Pioneer’s latest connectivity philosophy, with the XDJ-R1, iPhone and iPad devices can be used as additional control devices so the DJ is free to move around the room he/she is performing in while still having complete control over the music playing.”
By utilizing the “remotebox” app with an iOS device such as iPhone or iPad, the XDJ-R1 can be remotely controlled wirelessly, giving DJs the ability to continue their music mixing performances even when they move away from the system. The remotebox app provides access to many of the system’s functions directly on the display of a compatible smart device including controlling volume levels, choosing and changing songs, as well as the ability to mix songs from a USB device plugged into the system. Users can also apply the “Auto Beat Loop” function3 that automatically loops music at a specified tempo as well as intuitively control various effects using the X-Y pads from a smart device.
Unlike conventional systems, the XDJ-R1 is equipped with dual CD players in addition to a USB port for media playback. The system supports a variety of different music formats including conventional compact discs and MP3, AAC4, WAV and AIFF files stored on CD-R/RW and USB storage devices. For added convenience, the unit also offers MIDI support for operation of various DJ software.
Mix and Match Features
The XDJ-R1 offers a multitude of fun and convenient features for creating unique mixes including:
- Beat Sync5 – With a touch of the Sync button, the system automatically synchronizes the beats of songs analyzed through Pioneer’s rekordbox music management software
- Hot Cue – The unit features three points of Hot Cues to enable playback of music from specified points
- Sampler – For added effects, the system’s Sampler function enables recorded sampling sounds to be added with the press of a button. Sound sources can be recorded from songs on a USB storage device or a compact disc
- Beat FX – Four different effects including Trans, Flanger, Echo and Roll are available to combine with songs currently playing
- Sound Color FX – The unit offers four additional effects (Filter, Crush, Noise and Jet) for more creative mixing options
- Quantize Function – Automatically corrects synchronization of effects when using Auto Beat Loop or Beat Effect.
- Noise Reduction – To significantly reduce noise, internal analog and digital circuits were separated, and the distance for digital conversion of analog input signals was shortened. All signal processing is conducted using a high-performance CPU for clear audio output
- Independent 3-band isolator
- Internal sound card (Audio Interface)
- Complete with Master Out (XLR), Booth Out, AUX and MIC ports
Free Virtual DJ Limited Edition
The Virtual DJ® Limited Edition DJ software6 by Atomix Inc. is included with the purchase of a XDJ-R1. The software features an easy-to-use user interface for the XDJ-R1 and enables optimum enjoyment of various DJ play styles with features including loops, effects, a sampler and 4-channel mixing.
The XDJ-R1 will be available in June with a suggested retail price of $1,099.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
1 Based on research conducted by Pioneer, current as of May 15, 2013.
2 A dedicated application for control of XDJ-R1, available free of charge from the iTunes App Store beginning May 30, 2013.
3 Operates with music that has been tempo-analyzed (BPM: Beat per Minute) using the included rekordbox software, or when tempo is automatically detected during playback.
4 AAC not supported on CD-R/RW.
5 Operates with music that has been beat-analyzed using the included rekordbox software.
6 Virtual DJ Limited Edition download information will be available at http://pioneerdj.com/support in June 2013.
Pioneer and recordbox are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Virtual DJ is a registered trademark of Atomix Productions, Inc.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJusa
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal