Pioneer Wi-Fi Equipped XDJ-AERO DJ Controller Gets a Makeover - Now Available in Eye-Catching Pearl White Version
Pioneer DJ today announced a new pearl white version of its popular XDJ-AERO, a Wi-Fi® enabled DJ controller that let users conveniently send music from their smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers1 to the controller using Pioneer’s rekordbox™ app.
The new pearl white XDJ-AERO-W offers another stylish option to the current black color version and will be available in March with a suggested retail price of $1,399.
Pioneer’s XDJ-AERO-W features:
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Pioneer created a rekordbox mobile application for iPhone and other smart devices that enables wireless connection and transmission of music to the XDJ-AERO via Wi-Fi. The system can also access audio tracks on a computer (PC) through the use of the included rekordbox music management DJ software. The XDJ-AERO can identify up to four devices as sources for music playback.
- Wireless Direct – As an added benefit and convenience, the XDJ-AERO can also create its own wireless access point when an established Wi-Fi signal isn’t available or not in range. This feature, called Wireless Direct, offers users quick and convenient connectivity with their portable smart devices.
- Mixer Options and Functions– The combined structure of the system, including two players and a mixer, enables DJs to use the system as an independent 2-channel mixer. The system is also equipped with ports for the connection of external sources, such as CDJ players and turntables, so it can be used as a standalone 2-channel mixer. The XDJ-AERO also features two automatic mixing functions:
- Beat Sync2 – Pressing the “Sync” button synchronizes the music loaded in each player on beat with matching beats per minute (BPM)
- Auto Mix – Playlists created with rekordbox stored in smartphones, tablets, PCs or USB keys and connected to the device are linked together with cross-fade2 or fade-in/fade-out effects
- Simple Jog Controls – The system offers users new built-in jog control and audio effects for unique mixing capabilities and creative music playback.
- Jog Drum – Launch, scratch and manipulate samples by simply turning or tapping the jog platter
- Sample Launch – Includes four built-in sound effects: Scratch, Horn, Siren and Laser, which can be stored on a USB memory device and compiled with rekordbox when using the jog controls
- Beat Effect3 – Four additional effects can be added to currently playing music including Trans, Flanger, Echo and Roll
- Sound Color Filter – Each channel of the mixer includes Pioneer’s popular Sound Color Filter, which can be added at any time to the currently music playing
- Additional Features
- Users can record their mixes directly onto a USB storage device in WAV format
- High performance channel fader with slider for smooth operation
- AUTO BEAT LOOP3 for automatic music LOOPS at specified beat positions
- “QUANTIZE” function2 automatically makes timing corrections during AUTO BEAT LOOP or BEAT EFFECT
- LCD screen supporting display of music in 18 languages
- Independent three-band equalizer
- DJ software MIDI/HID control capable
- Built-in high-quality audio interface
- MIC jack
For a video demonstration, please click here.
1 Requires PC with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
2 Operates with beat-analyzed music using included Pioneer rekordbox music management software and special mobile application.
3 Operates using music where the tempo (BPM: Beats Per Minute) has been analyzed or automatically detected during playback by means of rekordbox and special mobile application.
Pioneer is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
recordbox is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance