Pioneer Introduces Fastest Multiple Format DVD|CD Writer On Market
World’s first “8x8” dual format writer offers wide variety of features
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the leader in recordable DVD technology, today announced the DVR-A07, a new dual format DVD/CD internal writer that offers the fastest write speeds possible and also provides precision recording technology for consumers who demand it.
The DVR-A07 is the world's first 8x8 dual format writer, meaning it is capable of writing at 8x speed on DVD-R discs whose standard is being ratified in the DVD Forum and +R discs that are designed for this recording speed. The new drive also records high-speed DVD-RW and +RW discs at up to 4x speed, and CD-R and CD-RW discs at up to 24x speed. By supporting the DVD Forum's DVD-R and DVD-RW disc formats as well as the +R and +RW formats, Pioneer is helping to eliminate format confusion, which has become a growing problem for potential buyers.
“With the launch of the industry's first “8x8” dual format writer, Pioneer is once again putting the needs of the user at the top of our priority list,” said Andy Parsons, senior vice president of industrial video and mass storage sales and marketing at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DVR-A07 will save users valuable time by writing DVD and CD discs as fast as recordable DVD technology allows at this point. It also lets users focus on writing DVDs instead of worrying about which disc format they need to buy.”
Pioneer engineers also focused on improving the writing/recording quality and reliability for high-speed writing. New technology accommodates for variances in blank media. Some of the technological advancements include:
- Pioneer-developed Liquid Crystal Control System for precise recording onto the surface of discs that may be warped or of uneven thickness.
- Smart Laser Driver to provide a precise laser pulse control and achieve more reliable recording for high-speed writing.
- Precision Recording Technology, which utilizes an auto-adjustable writing technique to enable recording under the best conditions for each disc characteristic at all times. This technology, first introduced in the DVR-A06, enables the DVR-A07 to achieve optimal initial writing performance and helps to minimize the normal deterioration of re-recordable discs due to repeated writing. As a result, the quality for repeatedly used DVD-RW discs is up to 10 times better than previous writers.
- A Defect Management System that enhances the writing reliability further, while maintaining read compatibility with other DVD-ROM drives, DVD players and DVD recorders.
- An Ultra Dynamic Resonance Absorber that reduces vibrations that can affect performance during high-speed recording and playback of some discs. With this feature, the high precision servo system remains stable during both high-speed recording and playback.
The DVR-A07 will also include an extensive collection of software applications for video authoring, editing, DVD slide show creation, and data recording.
The DVR-A07 is expected to be available in December pending the DVD Forum's approval of 8x write speed for DVD-R and 4x write speed for DVD-RW.
Pioneer's Professional Video Group is the leader and technical innovator in optical disc technology for the industrial market. It is a part of the Business Solutions Division, which provides professional business-to-business products across a wide range of markets including cable television, professional video/audio, educational, medical, legal and banking.