Upgrading Using FTP
The DRM-6NX software can easily be updated over the network using
FTP. FTP is a standard protocol for transferring files in a TCP/IP network:
Follow these steps to upgrade the DRM-6NX:
After a successful flash load, the DRM-6NX will restart automatically with
its parameter settings left unchanged, but all cached data in the HDD are
- Connect to The DRM-6NX using the command ftp [Internet address]
- You will be prompted for user name and password. Use root
- Issue the command bin to change to binary transfer mode.
- Issue the command put [software name] flash.
- Wait for the flash loading to finish. This normally takes 1 to 4
|Note: The command put [software name] flash
verifies that [file] is newer than your current software version. If
you want to downgrade to an earlier software version or a beta
version, you must use the command put [software name] FLASH
to force a download.
|Caution! Be careful not to interrupt the file transfer. If
the transfer be interrupted, the DRM-6NX may have to be re-initialized
by your supplier.