6" x 9" 4-Way Speaker
- 600 Watts Max Power (100 Watts Nominal)
- New Multilayer Mica Matrix Cone Design for Optimum Sound Reproduction and Responsiveness
The Next Gen
Pioneer’s next generation of TS-A series speakers offer improved bass and dynamic range, higher power handling and a new cosmetic design. The TS-A speakers are designed to replace the vehicle’s factory installed speakers and produce improved sound quality at exceptional value.
The TS-A line includes a new highly rigid Multilayer Mica Matrix Cone structure for a wider dispersion of sound with deeper bass, and a new tweeter designed to deliver an improved range of mid to high frequencies and produce optimized sound at higher volumes. The technology improvements offer better performance, enhanced sound quality and the ability to play a larger variety of popular music with heavy bass including hip hop, dubstep, and alternative rock.
Pioneering an Ideal
Absolute fidelity to musical sources takes form from speakers that reproduce the ambience in which sounds originate. Stage size, musicians’ movement, aural reflection and other distinctive details all bring these sounds to life. Pioneer A-Series speakers are available in 2-way component packages or coaxial designs in multiple sizes that fit most vehicles.
Loud and Clear
Various materials were carefully combined to develop a diaphragm of extra lightness and rigidity to reproduce sound clearly with outstanding responsiveness sensitivity and a suitable degree of internal loss. The new A-Series speakers feature a multilayer mica matrix cone where a surface containing mica properly maintains the cone’s superior rigidity and internal loss while another layer makes excellent use of light, water-resistant material.
Tweeters and Midrange
The TS-A6986R speaker design enables mid and high frequencies to be projected in a uniform and wide dispersion pattern, resulting in a smooth on- and off-axis response.
The hard plastic in the diaphragm is optimized to balance lightness and rigidity, so that it achieves outstanding sound propagation with high sensitivity, speed and responsiveness.The large magnet greatly enhances drivability of the diaphragm and ensures that sound is reproduced with impressive power.
- New fully covered mesh grille design for all 6 x 9 models
- Lightweight elastic polymer surround for high sensitivity
- Smooth off-axis response
- Heat-resistant voice coil wire for heat dissipation and durability to withstand high input power
- New spider design incorporates the same material used in the PRS series of high-end component speakers for stiffer suspension and more accurate response
- Cooling basket with air vent for increased cooling to process improved power handling
- Strontium Ferrite
- Multilayer Mica Matrix
- Elastic Polymer Surround
- 1 Year
- 600W (100W)