Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer with 4K ULTRA HD Blu-Ray Playback and M-Disc™ Support
- Up to 16x² maximum write speed on BD-R media
- 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
- Long-term data protection with M-DISC™
- Scroll down to the FAQ section for compatibility information
The BDR-212UBK is an internal SATA Blu-ray, DVD, and CD writer that supports the BDXL and M-DISC format. The drive supports 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using included CyberLink software. The drive can read and write to all BDXL discs1 including BD-R triple-layer 100GB media, BD-R quad-layer 128GB media, and BD-RE triple layer 100GB media, as well as conventional Blu-ray discs (single-layer 25GB media and dual-layer 50GB media). With BDXL and M-DISC support, you can now back up your files with fewer discs than ever before.
The BDR-212UBK includes CyberLink Software, “CyberLink Media Suite 10” only for Windows OS. PowerDVD™14 delivers award winning playback software and will even upscale standard-definition content to high-definition quality. PowerDirector® 15 LE allows you to import your home movies, edit them, and then upload them to social media sites. Power2Go® 8 gives you the ability to burn your valuable files to Blu-ray (including triple and quad layer BDXL discs), DVD or CD media.
The BDR-212UBK has unique features such as “Easy Setting” function using Pioneer BDR-212UBK Drive Utility. Easy Setting can provide comfortable usability according to purposes. Also, with improved drive software, BDR-212UBK has a prolonged life about twice of conventional models.
Support 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
Support 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using included CyberLink software.
Long-term data protection with M-DISC™ Support
Support reading and writing M-DISC™(DVD, BD: SL25GB/DL50GB/TL100GB) introduced by Millenniata, Inc.
Longer product life with improved drive software
To reduce deterioration of reading performance of disc due to dust and cigarette smoke with high dustproof performance and improved drive software. With this, 212UBK has a prolonged life about twice of conventional models.
“Easy Setting” function with Drive Utility
Equipped with “Easy Setting” function providing comfortable usability according to purposes.
- “Entertainment Mode” is suitable for enjoying movies and music. It enhances quietness and makes the tray open quietly when playing back BD/DVD or music CDs.
- “High-performance Mode” , which emphasizes reading and writing speed
- “Quality Mode” , which emphasizes reading and writing quality
- “Eco Mode”, which reduces maximum power consumption
Store more data
Up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc. The BDXL™ format supports BDXL Blu-ray media (including 128GB Quadruple Layer (QL)¹ and 100GB Triple Layer (TL)¹ Blu-ray Disc™).
Up to 16x2 writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.
Get to your files faster
With QuickPlay, the amount of time between inserting a ROM disc, and that disc being ready, has been reduced. For movies on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, the disc is ready faster when compared to previous Pioneer drives.
Smooth movie playback
Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to move forward quickly to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback3.
A smarter drive
Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and adjust their speed automatically – high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback.
A better music experience
Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However, this is not 100% accurate. PureRead3+, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible4.
Wide blank media support
Pioneer strives to have best-in-class performance over a wide range of media – our drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media. Refer to the drive’s media support list for all supported media and the write speed that can be achieved.
Peak Power Reducer
This power saving mode enables the drive to suppress power consumption at peak operation. It keeps stable operation in case of drop in power supply.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Computer drive - BDR-212UBK
- Software disc – CyberLink Media Suite 10 for Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Owners’ manual
- Warranty document
CYBERLINK SOFTWARE INCLUDED
PowerDVD™ 14 UHD-BD
PowerDVD is the market-leading media player for Blu-ray & Ultra HD Blu-ray. Watch high definition movies. Enjoy better picture and audio quality than streaming.
Burn all media to any disc, includes system recovery tools. BDXL™ format supports 128GB Quadruple Layer and 100GB Triple Layer Blu-ray discs.
Make movies with fast, powerful video editing tools. Edit your high definition movies and upload them to social media websites with the included software.
Burn content to disc instantly with packet writing technology
Design and print stylish disc labels in just 4 easy steps
Complete editing and adjustment tools to bring your photos to life.
ColorDirector is a way for video color editors of all skill levels to dramatically improve their projects.
AudioDirector contains cutting-edge tools that make editing and fixing audio tracks fast and simple when editing audio for video projects.
Minimum System Requirements - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor for Desktop PC (Kaby Lake-S), 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor for Notebook PC (Kaby Lake-H) *U processor is incompatible
- Intel® HD Graphics 630 (Internal GPU for 7th generation processor)
- 6GB minimum
- HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 compatible, 4K display (3840 x 2160 minimum display resolution), HDR compatible (Incompatible display reproduces HDR contents with HDR>SDR format.)
- Intel® SGX(Software Guard Extensions) support Intel® 200 series motherboard, HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a output compatible, Intel® internal GPU output compatible
Minimum System Requirements - write/read BD/DVD/CD
- Windows7™, Windows8™, Windows8.1™, Windows10™
- Intel® Core™ Duo T2700/Core™2Duo E6300, AMD® Athlon 64 X2 3800 or faster
- Intel G45, NVIDIA® GeForce® 7600GT, ATI Radeon® X1600 or faster
- HDCP compliant display required for Blu-ray playback, 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
- 1GB required for Blu-ray playback and editing HD video
- 5GB minimum, 50 GB recommended
- BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer), BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer)
- DVD-R6, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, High speed DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, M-DISC(DVD)
- CD-R, CD-RW, HS CD-RW, US CD-RW, US+CD-RW
- Ultra HD Blu-ray (BD-ROM Dual/Triple layer), BD-ROM (Single/Dual layer), BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer), BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer), M-DISC (Single/Dual/Triple layer)
- DVD-ROM (Single/Dual layer), DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, M-DISC(DVD)
- CD-ROM (Mode 1&2), CD-ROM XA, Photo CD(Single/Multi-session), Video CD, CD-DA, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW
- Serial ATA Revision 3.0
Maximum Write Speed (BD)
Maximum Write Speed (DVD)
Maximum Write Speed (CD)
Maximum Read Speed (BD)
Maximum Read Speed (DVD)
Maximum Read Speed (CD)
- 4 MB
- Horizontal or Vertical
- 148 mm x 42.3 mm x 180 mm (W x H x D)
- 740 g
Supported media list can be found at Pioneer official website.
1Triple and quadruple layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
216x BD-R write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the “Supported media list”.
3PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
4PureRead3+ is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
5HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) display device is required only for playback of high-definition copy protected content (for example, a Hollywood Blu-ray title). For such content, the connection between the PC and the display device must be made using a digital DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable.
6Support for writing DVD-R Version 2.0 For General. Unable to write DVD-R for Authoring 3.95GB and 4.7GB 7 Compatible with DVD-RAM Version 2.0/2.1/2.2 without cartridge. Unable to write RAM2 format disc.
8 Unable to use 8cm disc when you use the drive vertically. (Unable to use 8cm disc adapter.)
Note: Easy Setting, Auto Quiet mode, PureRead3+ and Peak Power Reducer can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer BDR-212UBK Drive Utility. The utility will be provided on the Pioneer Web site http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html
Pioneer and the Pioneer logo are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
M-DISC is a trademark of Millenniata, Inc
Intel and Core are trademarks Intel Corporation, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
AMD and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLU-RAY DISC, the Blu-ray Disc logo and the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc logo are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
CyberLink, CyberLink PowerDVD, CyberLink Power2Go, CyberLink PowerDirector, CyberLink Instant Burn, CyberLink Label Print and CyberLink Photo Director are trademarks or registered trademarks of CyberL0ink Corporation. PowerRead is a registered trademark of Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc.
SERIAL ATA and its Design Mark are trademarks of Serial ATA International Organization.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA and GeForce are registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation.
All other product and brand names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks to their respective companies.