Why can't I get sound from my receiver?
If you are not getting any sound from the receiver, check the following:
1. Check the speaker wire connections on the back of the receiver and the back of each speaker. Ensure you have clamped down on the bare wire and the wires are not touching.
2. You need to have speakers connected to the FRONT speaker terminals.
3. Press the SPEAKERS button on the front panel. You want it to say "Speakers ON" or "SP A", depending on your model.
4. Check to make sure the correct audio "Signal Select" has been chosen. This procedure will vary by unit, please refer to your owners manual.
5. Turn up the volume. It is normal to turn the volume knob to higher numbers on the new receivers.
Rate this Question/Answer
How well did this answer your question?
Can't find your answer here? Try our Knowledgebase.