Elite BD-Live™ Blu-ray Disc® Player
- BD-Live Compliant with 1GB Internal Memory and USB Expansion with HDD Support
- PQLS for Jitter-Free 2-Channel and Multi-Channel Playback.
- 48-Bit Deep Color
- 7.1-Channel Analog Outputs
- Audiophile Capacitors
- RS-232C Port
In the constant pursuit of faithful audio and video reproduction, the Elite BDP-23FD undeniably stands alone.
It begins with state of the art technologies that deliver an unrivaled 1080p picture with True 24fps. The BDP-23FD also includes the benefit of our multi-channel Precision Quartz Locking System (PQLS). This near jitter-free transmission operates between the Blu-ray Disc player and a multi-channel PQLS-equipped Pioneer receiver by synchronizing both components’ digital clocks for optimal audio playback.
The BDP-23FD also features an Advanced Picture Control Suite allowing you to tailor your video signal with up to 48-bit Deep Color perfection. Built-in Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® Master Audio decoders assure you that the ability to reproduce pristine high-definition audio was not overlooked. And with 1080p DVD upscaling ability, it’s not just your Blu-ray disc titles that will benefit.
Also, an RS-232C connection expands the custom installation features of an already full-featured Blu-ray Disc player.
And this is all just part of the story.
With 1GB of internal memory, a USB terminal with HDD support and the ability to enjoy BD-Live features right out of the box, the BDP-23FD’s playback capabilities become quite expansive. And with 7.1 outputs powered by 4 Burr-Brown® Audio DACs and new audiophile capacitors, prepare to be entertained to perfection.
For more information, please download our latest product brochure now available through the ‘Documents’ tab.
PIONEER, ELITE and the PIONEER and ELITE logos are registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Specifications and design subject to modification without notice
DOLBY and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos and Symbol are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
HDMI and the HDMI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
- Spectacular 1080p Picture Quality: The BDP-23FD provides up to 1920 x 1080p resolution for unrivaled picture quality. And with True 24fps, now see your movies as the director intended.
- Deep Color: The BDP-23FD supports 48-bit* Deep Color, offering high definition images with superb color detail.
- x.v.Color: An advanced feature which greatly broadens the color space input to include 1.8 times as many natural colors than standard RGB signals.
- HDMI™ Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) Jitterless Transmission (LPCM Multi/2-ch): By HDMI connection with a compatible Pioneer A/V receiver, for the first time in the world, A/V sources such as Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, as well as CD music are precisely reproduced with minimum jitter.
- KURO™ LINK: By connecting the BDP-23FD to a Pioneer KURO flat panel TV or monitor and a compatible Pioneer A/V receiver, KURO LINK lets you operate the entire system’s basic functions such as power on/off and playback through KURO’s remote control. The new KURO LINK Video Adjustment System automatically switches to optimal video settings adjusted by unique parameters developed by Pioneer KURO and Blu-ray Disc player engineers.
- Exclusive Jitter Reduction Circuit: Utilizing a Pioneer developed IC, this circuit digitally reshapes the waveform of the audio clock to greatly reduce jitter for all content.
- Picture Control Suite: 13 different video adjustments (Progressive Motion, PureCinema, YNR, CNR, BNR, MNR, Detail, White Level, Black Level, Black Setup, Gamma Correction, Hue, and Chroma Level)
- Triple High-Definition NR:
Component Frame NR lowers Gaussian noise without blurring the picture.
Block NR minimizes block noise (mosaic-like artifacts).
Mosquito NR reduces the fluttery noise around the edges of objects.
- BD-Live™ Compliant (Profile 2.0): Enjoy special disc contents in Picture-in-Picture form, and also download additional content from the internet to the built-in 1GB memory, such as the director’s interview and languages not contained on the disc.**
- USB Input for BD-LIVE™ Contents Storage
- 7.1 Channel Analog Audio Outputs: For compatibility with non HDMI equipped receivers and preamps.
- Internal Audio Decoders: The BDP-23FD features internal decoding of all advanced audio formats including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- RS-232C: For installation applications.
- Easy Operation and Setup: New Advanced HD GUIs for easy navigation.
- Latest Generation PureCinema Progressive Scan
- Multi-Format Compatibility: You can play high definition DVD discs recorded by digital video cameras in AVCHD format. You can also play BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, etc. recorded using Blu-ray Disc recorders or DVD recorders as well as CD/CD-R.
- Aluminum Lower Front Panel
- Illuminated Operation Indicators and Ice-Blue Illumination
- HDMI™ Output
- Component Video Output
- Composite Video Output
- 7.1-Channel Audio Output
- Optical Digital Output
- SR Input
- USB Input
- Power Requirements: 120 V 60 Hz
- Product Weight: 8 lbs. 2 oz. (3.7 kg)
- W x H x D: 16-9/16 x 3-1/4 x 11 inches (420 x 83 x 287 mm)
* Except for 1080p/60 output.
** BD-Live only available on compatible discs and playable features depend on the disc contents.