White Digital Audio Player
- Compact, Lightweight, and Fits Perfectly in Your Pocket
- 2.4-inch Full-Color Touchscreen (320 x 240 Pixels)
- Supports MQA, Native DSD 5.6 MHz Playback, DSD-IFF, FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF up to 192 kHz/32-bit, MP3, and AAC
- Twin ESS SABRE® ES9018C2M DACs
Price$299.99 Check Dealer
The time has come to free your headphones from smartphone sound and immerse your senses in the Pioneer XDP-02U. Sculpted to fit hands for comfortable touchscreen operation, and rounded to slip into your pocket, this player has a serious hi-fi build for sound that will blow your mind. Whether streamed over Wi-Fi® or played from 528 GB expandable memory, compressed music opens out in Hi-bit 32 Mode, the potential of your headphones unlocked for the first time. Dual DACs and amps shine with any audio, from MP3s to hi-res albums. Bluetooth® technology supports wireless connections and there’s line-out and USB/OTG* functions to share your music. Available in pink, white, and navy blue, the XDP-02U lets you experience your favorites songs with an intimacy you never thought possible.
* Firmware update required.
Looks Great, Sounds Even Better
Fitting snugly into the palm of your hand, the smoothly rounded XDP-02U is simple to use with a thumb on the touch panel. Side buttons give easy access to controls including volume, Play/Pause/Hold, and Skip/Scan. Available in three colors, you’ll appreciate the lush, premium feel of this product.
Supports Hi-Res Audio
As well as the latest Hi-Res Audio formats such as MQA (a streaming-optimized container), native DSD 5.6 MHz playback, FLAC/WAV to 192 kHz/32-bit, and 44.1 kHz/16-bit CD audio, compressed files also sound incredible.
Optimized Sound to Personal Taste
Different mixes, different masters... with the XDP-02U, you can adjust sound without hurting fidelity. Use the 10-band EQ, select from three digital filters, or upsample standard audio for 192 kHz/32-bit playback. There are three gain settings to suit your headphone type or volume preference.
Wi-Fi® Connects You to Streaming Entertainment
Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® connects you to 36 million CD-quality songs from a 43-million-track library via Deezer HiFi subscription. TIDAL offers lossless albums to stream via its HiFi plan with access to about 46 million songs. TuneIn gathers 100,000 internet radio stations with podcasts, audiobooks, and more, while you can download Hi-Res Audio albums directly from Onkyo Music*.
* Enabled with a firmware update. Note access to streaming services is dependent on region and may require a subscription.
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Bluetooth wireless technology connects the device to compatible wireless headphones and lets you enjoy music from the player on other supported devices.
Intuitive Touch Interface
Customize your preferred order of home-screen tiles that take you to menus when tapped. You can create and edit playlists, play all songs in a folder, and navigate streaming services. Index Display and scrolling bars make navigating large volumes of music very quick and easy.
Huge Storage Capacity
Expand 16 GB of built in memory with two 256 GB microSD cards (SDXC™)* to achieve 528 GB storage. That’s equivalent to about 5,000 Hi-Res Audio tracks. To refresh your library, pop a card into your PC, drag-and-drop your folders, or use X-DAP Link software to transfer data via supplied USB recharging cable.
* Note microSD cards are not included.
Premium Design for Lossless Music
The XDP-02U features twin ESS SABRE® ES9018C2M DACs and twin high-output SABRE ESS9601K amplifiers. Each symmetrical L/R channel is fed by separate custom capacitors. The design leads to transparent reproduction and yields extraordinary detail on a spacious soundstage. The amps are powerful enough to drive headphones up to 600 ohms.
Separate Circuit Boards
Audio circuits and processing system are on separate boards to limit noise interference. Battery and power supply are also isolated. Customized hand-selected components, such as audio-grade capacitors, are used throughout to achieve clearest possible audio reproduction.
Dual High-Precision Clocks
The clock synchronizes data timing between devices. The XDP-02U has two clocks; one detects 44.1 kHz signals (for native playback of audio sourced from CD), scaling to 176.4 kHz, and the second upsamples 48 kHz signals to a maximum 192 kHz. Enjoy jitter-free sound suited to the original sampling rate.
Two Headphone Outputs
The 3.5 mm (1/8˝) output is for standard headphones, and supports inline cable remote-control functions enabled on selected Pioneer products*. For Pioneer SE-CH5T Hi-Res Audio In-Ear Headphones, press button once to play or pause, twice to skip forward, and three times to skip back. The 2.5 mm (3/32˝) 4-pole connection, meanwhile, enables balanced output. Signals for left and right channels are amplified separately. Pioneer offers the affordable SE-CH5BL Balanced In-Ear Headphones to enjoy enhanced detail reproduction and sense of spatial dimensionality.
* Note: Remote-control function compatibility is guaranteed with Pioneer SE-CH5T headphones only. Remote control functionality with other Pioneer models and headphones of other brands cannot be guaranteed.
Share Audio to Supported Components
The 3.5 mm (1/8˝) output is also an analog AUX and line output (the latter function can be accessed quickly via a button on the back panel). Jack into any component with an AUX or RCA input and let the XDP-02U perform D/A conversion for high-quality sound or use the USB/OTG* output to connect your supported component.
* Firmware update required.
Go Hands-free with DuoRemote
Control the XDP-02U with your smartphone. The free Pioneer DuoRemote App* tethers smartphone to the player with Bluetooth LE so you don’t have to juggle devices on crowded public transport. Use your phone to adjust volume, play/pause, skip/scan, shuffle, and repeat songs. The app also makes Wi-Fi password entry easy with a smart keyboard supporting multiple languages.
• “PIONEER” and the Pioneer logos are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license. • Products displaying the Hi-Res Audio logo conform to the Hi-Res Audio standard as defined by Japan Audio Society. The Hi-Res Audio logo is used under license from Japan Audio Society. • MQA Limited is a registered trademark of Meridian Audio Ltd. • DSD and the Direct Stream Digital logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. • Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. • iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. • Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google LLC. • The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. • Windows is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. • Deezer HiFi is a trademark or registered trademark of Deezer S.A. • All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
© 2017 Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation. All rights reserved.
Note: Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.