Pioneer's 2016 In-Dash Multimedia DVD Receivers Deliver More Entertainment with Spotify and FLAC File Support
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new 2016 line of in-dash multimedia DVD receivers designed for today’s music and technology-loving consumers. The nine new models, AVH-180DVD, AVH-280BT, AVH-X1800S, AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS, and AVH-X5800BHS double-DIN receivers, and AVH-X6800DVD and AVH-X7800BT single-DIN receivers, offer a range of entertainment and connectivity options including a new clear resistive touchscreen, advanced Bluetooth® connectivity with enhanced features like Dual Device Connection and Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth, Siri® Eyes Free, Spotify® as a dedicated A/V source, Pandora® with station presets and station creation, and FLAC file playback1.
“Today’s consumers want access to their favorite music in the car combined with the latest connectivity and communications features,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “With the addition of the extremely popular digital music service Spotify and FLAC file playback compatibility on our new line of multimedia DVD receivers, Pioneer continues to expand the music-listening options available to drivers.”
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS, AVH-X5800BHS and AVH-X7800BT feature built-in Bluetooth2 wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The Bluetooth models also feature Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for full-time connection of two smartphone devices at the same time. The feature enables a call to be picked up by either of the paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices.
- HFP 1.6 Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android® smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- SIRI EYES FREE – Pioneer DVD models with Bluetooth enable users of iPhone 4s and above to access Siri Eyes Free3 with the simple press of a key. Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders by voice.
EXPANDED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
- SPOTIFY (All models except AVH-180DVD and AVH-280BT) – New for 2016 is the ability to control content from the Spotify app on iPhone and Android devices as a dedicated source on the receivers. Listeners can now play, pause and skip tracks using the Pioneer controls, and with a few taps, it is just as easy to browse playlists, albums and radio stations on the go. Premium4 users enjoy ad-free, high quality music that always keeps playing, even when there is no connection. Spotify on the new receivers works over Bluetooth for Android devices and Bluetooth or USB cable for the iPhone.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
- PANDORA STATION CREATION and STATION PRESETS (AVH-1800S, AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS, AVH-X5800BHS) – With station creation on Pandora, listeners can effortlessly explore and discover new music using an iPhone (physical USB connection required) or Android smartphone. While listening to Pandora on the receiver, listeners can create a station based on the currently playing artist or track by simply touching a dedicated button on the screen. New for the 2016 DVD models, Pandora enables listeners to store their personalized stations on six presets for easy access on the receiver. Pioneer is the first car aftermarket manufacturer to offer this feature.
- SIRIUSXM® RADIO CONNECTIVITY (AVH-1800S, AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS AVH-X5800BHS) – Five double DIN models are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV300 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's receivers include the Tune Start™, Tune Scan™, Tune Mix and Sports Flash features.
- HD RADIO® TECHNOLOGY – For high quality audio broadcasts, the AVH-X5800BHS and AVH-X3800BHS feature a built-in HD Radio tuner, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional multi-casting programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
ENHANCED LOOK AND FUNCTIONALITY
First introduced on Pioneer’s popular line of Networked Entertainment eXperience in-dash receivers, the entire line of 2016 DVD receivers features a new clear resistive touchscreen that provides brighter, more vibrant colors and increased touch sensitivity, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touch panels. All models (expect for the AVH-180DVD and AVH-280BT) also offer FLAC file playback capability at up to 48kHz/24bit high resolution CD-quality audio playback.
- High power MOSFET 50W x 4
- All models except AVH-180DVD and AVH-280BT
- Compatibility with Pioneer’s AVIC-U260 outboard navigation system (sold separately)
- 13 band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with adjustable points and slopes
- Built in Auto EQ and Time Alignment provides customized audio adjustments for the driver
Advanced Sound Retriever®
- The AVH-X3800BHS and AVH-X5800BHS offer two camera inputs for increased safety and convenience. The first input is dedicated for a backup camera (sold separately) and the second input can be used for additional assistance for driving, towing, or parking.
- AVH-X6800DVD and AVH-X7800BT and single-DIN models feature motorized 7-inch touchscreen displays and detachable face security
For more information on the new line visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/ch.DVD-Receivers.Compare.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers will be available in November with suggested retail prices of: $230 (AVH-180DVD), $280 (AVH-280BT), $280 (AVH-X1800S), $330 (AVH-X2800BS), $380 (AVH-X3800BHS), $430 (AVH-X4800BS), $480 (AVH-X5800BHS), $450 (AVH-X6800DVD) and $500 (AVH-X7800BT).
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
1Playback up to 48kHz/24bit.
2Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
3Siri not available in all languages or all areas and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
4Spotify Premium requires a monthly paid subscription.
PIONEER and ADVANCED SOUND RETRIEVER are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
IPHONE and IPOD are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
SPOTIFY is a registered trademark of Spotify AB.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio and Artist Experience are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.