Pioneer's Entertainment-Packed Models Kick off New Line of 2018 Multimedia In-Dash Audio Video Receivers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced two new in-dash multimedia A/V receivers designed improve to in-vehicle entertainment and connectivity. The AVH-201EX and AVH-200EX double-DIN 6.2” models are the first of Pioneer’s new line of 2018 in-dash multimedia receivers.
- Bluetooth® Wireless Connectivity – The new models feature built-in Bluetooth1 wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Three smartphones can be pre-registered with the unit at once, enabling hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from any of the three previously paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices. Connected devices are displayed via the device selection menu on the face of the receiver, making it easy for users to switch between connected smartphones.
- To maximize the connectivity options and call quality for hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, the AVH receivers feature Bluetooth HFP 1.6 with wideband speech for clearer overall sound quality, making it easier to recognize and understand voices during calls, and AVRCP 1.5 to provide browsing capability of a user’s media library.
- iPhone® devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android® smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type2. Smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio File Browsing.
- USB Audio/Video Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod®, portable USB drive or compatible Android device3 via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information for music playback. The AVH-201EX and AVH-200EX are compatible with the following audio and video codecs via USB mass storage class devices:
- Audio - WMA/MP3/WAV/AAC
- Video - MP4/MOV/AVI
- Customizable User Interface – The user interface has been redesigned to provide more user-friendly operation, with larger icons for quick recognition and access. Users can customize the look of their receivers by selecting between five (blue/red/amber/green/white) colors for the display, 112 button illumination colors and expanded wallpaper options. A clear resistive touchscreen provides brighter, more vibrant colors and increased touch sensitivity, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touch panels.
- Enhanced Audio Functions – The receivers are designed with a 13-band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with expanded adjustable crossover points and slopes. Built-in manual Time Alignment provides customized audio adjustments for the driver.
- High power MOSFET 50W X 4 internal amplifier
- Back up camera ready – Compatible with many original equipment (OE) rear-view cameras (aftermarket adaptor required, sold separately) and most aftermarket universal rear-view cameras, including Pioneer’s ND-BC8 rear-view camera (sold separately).*
- DVD Player – DVD and CD playback
- Remote Control – The AVH-201EX comes with a convenient and compact remote control.
Pioneer’s multimedia A/V receivers will be available this month with a suggested retail price of $200.
For more information visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD Receivers.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Torrance, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies, Inc. (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
CAUTION: Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
* Rear visibility systems (backup cameras) are required under federal regulations in certain new vehicles according to a phase-in schedule that began on May 1, 2016. Owners of vehicles equipped with compliant rear visibility systems should not install or use this product in a way that alters or disables that system’s compliance with applicable regulations. If you are unsure whether your vehicle has a rear visibility system subject to these regulations, please contact the vehicle manufacturer or dealer.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not all Android devices allow direct control in MTP mode. For a list of compatible Android devices, visit- http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD+Receivers
3 Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
PIONEER is a registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
IPHONE and IPOD are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
ANDROID is a registered trademark of Google Inc.