Pioneer's G-Series Speakers Gets Impp Treatment
Economical Speakers Without the Economical Sound
LAS VEGAS – CES Booth #9817 (January 7, 2004) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., the leader in automotive speaker technology, today released its new G-series speakers intended for consumers that want an economical speaker upgrade to their factory speakers. The TS-G speakers adopt many of the features found in other popular Pioneer speakers, including injection molded polypropylene cone, high power handling and eye-catching cosmetics.
“These speakers sound phenomenal for the price!,” said Michael Townsen, vice president of marketing for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our main objective with this line is to provide consumers a variety of speakers that are very affordable and incredibly easy to install.”
Pioneer offers a comprehensive line-up of TS-G speakers in popular sizes including 6”X8”, 6-1/2”, 5-1/4”, 4”X6” and 4”. Pioneer changed all TS-G speakers to a 2-way configuration, an upgrade from dual cone speakers, implementing a PET tweeter for smoother high frequency sound.
Pioneer TS-G speakers feature:
- Blue Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) Cone - Pioneer uses its light and very rigid IMPP cone that produces outstanding midbass response. Pioneer's blue cone provides the same natural sound found in paper with the strength and durability needed for the harsh mobile environment.
- PET Tweeter – The integrated PET tweeter won't cause listening fatigue and generates smooth highs - perfect for any type of music.
- Increased Power Handling – The speaker line handles 10 percent more power than its TS-G predecessor, handling the higher power produced by many aftermarket car stereos.
- New Cosmetic Design – Inspired by Pioneer's popular REV speaker line, the PET tweeter takes on the same eye-catching, spiral design.
- Multi-Bolt Pattern – Each speaker incorporates multi-bolt patterns for ease of installation.
Pioneer's Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.