Pioneer 2015 In-Dash Multimedia DVD Receivers Offer More Entertainment and Smartphone Connectivity
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new 2015 line of in-dash multimedia DVD receivers designed for today’s technology-savvy consumers. The lineup consisting of AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, and AVH-X5700BHS double-DIN receivers and AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT single-DIN receivers boasts a multitude of entertainment and connectivity options including a new touchscreen user interface, DVD/CD media playback, advanced audio enhancements, MirrorLink™, MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology, Pandora® station creation, and USB connectivity. For added convenience and smartphone connectivity, five of the all new DVD receivers feature Bluetooth® hands-free calling and audio streaming with enhanced features like Wideband Speech (HFP 1.6), Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth, and Siri® Eyes Free functionality.
“Today’s consumer is very conscious of the high level of technology available in practically every product they own. The majority of drivers expect more from their in-dash receiver than simply FM/AM and CD playback. Touchscreen controls, satellite or Internet streamed music and smartphone integration have become standard issue,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer’s latest DVD receivers offer the most advanced entertainment and connectivity options to provide one of the best in-car experiences available today.”
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, and AVH-X7700BT feature built-in Bluetooth1 wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
- To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, compatible models are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HPF 1.6 / Bluetooth Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 built into the new models significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.4) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android™ device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol2
- DUAL CAMERA INPUT (AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS)
For increased safety and convenience, the AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS offer two camera inputs. The first input is dedicated for a backup camera (sold separately) with parking assist lines activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. The second input can be used for additional assistance for driving, towing, or parking.
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (All models) – New on all 2015 in-dash DVD receivers is a Pandora station creation feature that let users quickly create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or Android smartphone. Users can create a station from the screen of the Pandora source by simply touching the + station button on the function screen.
- MIXTRAX MUSIC TECHNOLOGY (All Models) – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from a compatible iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song.
- SIRIUSXM® RADIO CONNECTIVITY (All models except AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT)
All double DIN models are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required) and include the Tune Start™ and Tune Scan™ features. The Tune Scan feature scans through songs from the user’s favorite music presets. When a user enables the Tune Start feature and tunes to a favorite preset music channel, the current song will automatically start playing from the beginning.
- HD RADIO® TECHNOLOGY(AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS)
For listening to high quality audio broadcasts, the AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS feature built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country. Both models also feature the HD Radio Artist Experience™, displaying album art or station logos (when available) in addition to the artist and song title information.
- MIRRORLINK (All Models) – All new DVD models now offer built-in MirrorLink, ready for direct connection using the CD-MU200 ($30 SRP) USB to MHL cable or the cable that is included with MirrorLink compatible smartphones. Created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), MirrorLink technology enables consumers to connect compatible smartphones to access Music, Contacts and Maps through the MirrorLink interface for a more convenient and safer in-car experience.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers output component video for better picture quality. Each model also features a new user interface with larger characters for easy viewing and control of sources and features. The new models inherit the same interface for graphic EQ, crossover setting, and phone menu found in Pioneer’s powerful NEX receivers. The double-DIN models offer a stylish and futuristic design that can refresh the look of any dashboard with a 6.2 or 7-inch WVGA touchscreen display.
Each model offers three preamp outputs, DivX®/MP3/WMA/AAC playback, aux input (rear), high power MOSFET 50W x 4, Advanced Sound Retriever®, high volt (4V) RCA outputs for increased sound quality connection when used with external amplifiers, backup memory to retain settings if main power is lost, and compatible with Pioneer’s AVIC-U260 outboard navigation system (sold separately). In addition, the AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT single-DIN models feature motorized 7-inch touchscreen displays and detachable face security.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers are now available with suggested prices of $280 (AVH-X1700S), $330 (AVH-X2700BS), $380 (AVH-X3700BHS), $430 (AVH-X4700BS), $480 (AVH-X5700BHS), $450 (AVH-X6700DVD) and $500 (AVH-X7700BT).
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
*Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer headunit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX, APPRADIO and ADVANCED SOUND RETRIEVER are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
MirrorLink and the MirrorLink logo are certification marks of the Car Connectivity Consortium LLC.
iPHONE and iPOD are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio and Artist Experience are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
DivX is a registered trademark of Rovi Corporation.