Pioneer Connects the Dashboard with a New Line of In-Dash CD Receivers
Eight 2014 In-Dash CD Receiver Models Offer Next Level Smartphone Connectivity
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled the first eight models of its 2014 lineup of in-dash CD receivers, the DEH-X6600BS, DEH-X6600BT, DEH-X5600HD, DEH-X4600BT, DEH-X3600S, DEH-X3600UI, DEH-X2600UI and FH-X500UI. The new models offer Pioneer’s great sound quality combined with numerous smartphone-friendly features and technologies that match today’s on-the-go consumer lifestyle, including Siri Eyes Free for iPhone1, simplified Bluetooth®2 connectivity for hands-free calling and audio streaming, enhanced Android™ music playback compatibility, and Pandora® internet radio. Additional features like Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology, integrated HD Radio®, multi-line displays and customizable illumination provide greater listening and cosmetic flexibility to meet consumer demand.
“The smartphone has become a part of most consumers’ lifestyles and a source of both entertainment and communication,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer’s new CD receivers provide various means for integrating a variety of smartphones into the vehicle.”
Pioneer® CD receivers are equipped for connectivity with today’s advanced smartphone devices, incorporating Bluetooth technology, iPhone and Android device compatibility, and USB connectivity.
- BLUETOOTH – The DEH-X6600BS, DEH-X6600BT and DEH-X4600BT offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling as well as music streaming.
When used with a compatible iPhone, Pioneer receiver models incorporated with Bluetooth support Siri Eyes Free for a safer and more convenient smartphone experience. With Siri Eyes Free users can utilize the power of voice control to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, and add reminders.
To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, both models feature Auto Pairing utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect the iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone to USB cable and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
Both models can store pairing data for up to three phones with the ability to quickly pair/add a new phone using Pioneer’s Guest Mode feature. With Guest Mode, the receiver prompts the user to choose which of the three registered phones to replace if an attempt is made to connect a new device.
- USB CONNECTIVITY3 – In addition to USB connectivity with iPhone and iPod devices, flash drives and thumb drives, the new 2014 CD models can be connected using the integrated USB port to Android devices that use the USB Media Transfer Protocol for music playback. This new compatibility enables basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and the display of song/artist/album and time information when used with a compatible Android device.
ADDITIONAL MUSIC FEATURES
Pioneer continues to add exciting and fun features into the new single CD lineup to enhance the driving experience:
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – With the ever popular Pandora internet radio, Pioneer’s new CD receivers offer quick access to the music streaming service when a compatible smartphone is connected. Song and artist selection can be made directly from the face of the receiver when the Pandora app is launched from a connected smartphone. All eight new CD receivers provide these features when a compatible iPhone is connected via USB. Bluetooth integrated models (DEH-X6600BS, DEH-X6600BT and DEH-X4600BT) provide Pandora control and playback from Android based smartphones wirelessly.
- MIXTRAX – The new receivers incorporate MIXTRAX, Pioneer’s virtual DJ feature that takes the music from an iPhone, iPod touch, USB device, or certain Android devices and plays it back with added transitions and effects. Following the beat of the music, the feature also includes six patterns of club-style illumination to enhance the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect.
- HD RADIO – HD Radio is built in to the DEH-X5600HD model for playback of subscription free, high quality audio broadcasts. The integrated HD Radio tuner provides playback of both traditional FM/AM and HD Radio multi-cast broadcasts and display of artist and song title information on the receiver display (if available).
The cosmetics of the 2014 CD receivers (excluding DEH-X2600UI and DEH-X4600) were redesigned for a more streamlined, sophisticated look and enhanced user interface. Improvements start with a more customizable illumination and display that can be matched to any vehicle dash illumination. The outer edges of each receiver’s faceplate can be illuminated in a completely different color from the main display and customized to the user’s preference. In addition, in all models excluding DEH-X2600UI, DEH-X4600BT and FH-X500UI, fade in/fade out illumination effects were added to visually represent the receiver powering up or down, incoming Bluetooth calls, and ¬ the loading /ejecting of a disc.
Pioneer’s eight single CD receiver offerings are available with suggested retail prices starting at $90.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Siri and Siri Eyes Free is available only on iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
2Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
3Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing an USB port. Pioneer receivers containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content. Android compatibility using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) varies by device. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER and MIXTRAX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.