Pioneer Delivers Entertainment and Big Sound in Compact Packages with New CD Receivers and Subwoofers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced six new CD receivers and one digital media receiver to enhance in-vehicle connectivity and entertainment. The DEH-X8800BHS, DEH-X7800BHS, and DEH-X6800BS single-DIN models, FH-X830BHS, FH-X730BS, and FH-X731BT double-DIN models, and the MVH-X580BS CD-free digital media model complete Pioneer’s lineup of 2016 in-dash receivers.
Pioneer also has three new subwoofers designed to produce accurate and deep bass and fit into smaller spaces, the TS-WX120A amplified subwoofer, and the TS-SWX3002 and TS-SWX2002 12” and 8” shallow-mount pre-loaded enclosures.
CD AND DIGITAL MEDIA RECEIVERS
Smartphone Connectivity (All Models)
- Bluetooth Compatibility – All models feature built-in Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices, as well as Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for full-time connection of two smartphone devices. The feature enables hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from either of the paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices.
- To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone® devices, the receivers have Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 produces significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations by increasing the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubling the sampling frequency (now 16kHz). The result is clearer and more distinct sound for both the user and the call recipient.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can search album content over the Bluetooth wireless connection. iPhone owners can search through their playlists, artists, songs, and genres over Bluetooth. For Android® smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through folders containing media through folder type and browse in media content folders. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- USB Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drives, or Android devices via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer to use Media Transfer Protocol. The DEH-X8800BHS offers dual USB inputs (front and rear).
- Siri Eyes Free – The new receivers enable access to Siri Eyes Free2 on iPhone 4s and above with the simple press of a key. Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders by voice.
- Spotify® (all models) – New for 2016 is the ability to control content from the Spotify app on iPhone and Android devices as a dedicated source on the receivers. Listeners can now play, pause and skip tracks using the Pioneer controls, and with a few taps, it is just as easy to browse playlists, albums and radio stations on the go. Premium3 users enjoy ad-free, high quality music and are able to download music and listen offline with no internet connection. Spotify on the new receivers works over Bluetooth for Android devices and USB cable for iPhones.
- SiriusXM Radio (all models except the FH-X731BT) – All models are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV300 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's receivers include the Tune Start™, Tune Scan™, Tune Mix and Sports Flash features.
- HD Radio® Technology – The DEH-X8800BHS, DEH-X7800BHS, and FH-X830BHS feature built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional multi-casting programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
- Pandora® Station Creation (all models) – The Pandora station creation3 feature enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receivers to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist.
- Advanced Remote Control (ARC) Application (all models) – The new ARC app enhances the user experience of the new 2016 CD receivers for both iPhone and Android devices4. The ARC app utilizes the touchscreen of the user’s smartphone to display detailed artist and track information, including album art (not available on all sources), from various music apps and music sources on phone. Listeners can use the familiar smartphone gestures, swipe and tap, to control basic commands such as switching music sources, play/pause, skip, and shuffle/repeat. Users are also able to adjust the EQ, Time Alignment and Network settings for their receiver directly from the app.
- AOA 2.0 Support for Android (all models) – AOA 2.0 enables Android device owners to play music streaming apps and control basic functionality, Play/Pause and Skip Song, using the buttons of the receiver. The new feature requires the Android device be running Android 4.1 or newer and be plugged into the receiver via the USB connection on the front of the unit. DEH-X8800BHS owners have the option to use the additional USB port on the back of the receiver.
Audio Enthusiast (All Models)
- Incorporating similar enhanced audio controls built into Pioneer’s NEX and multimedia DVD receivers, the new CD and CD-free models provide customized audio adjustments for the driver including a 13-band graphic EQ and Time Alignment. The flagship DEH-X8800BHS model also offers users Auto EQ using the included CD-MC20 Auto EQ microphone and 4 volt RMS RCA pre-outs.
- For enhanced sound quality and system flexibility, each model features three sets of RCA pre-outs that can be set in a traditional Front/Rear/Subwoofer configuration or switched into an advanced 3-Way Network mode with high, mid and low frequency outputs featuring independently adjustable crossover frequencies and output levels.
- FLAC file playback capability via USB at up to 44kHz/16bit high resolution CD-quality audio playback and AAC file playback capability via CD5 and USB.
- TS-WX120A – At 11" x 7-7/8" x 2-3/4", the extremely compact TS-WX120A can be installed in many small, tight areas where conventional subwoofers cannot, such as under or behind a seat, allowing for installation in a wide range of vehicle applications. The model features a 150 watt built-in MOSFET amplifier that produces deep, solid sounding bass, and the aluminum cone of the woofer offers a consistent bass response.
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 160Hz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Wired remote control for adjusting volume, low-pass crossover frequency and phase
- TS-SWX3002 and TS-SWX2002 – The shallow-mount subwoofers preloaded in the TS-SWX3002 (12") and TS-SWX2002 (8") utilize an oversized cone structure allowing for deeper bass. The cone is made of MICA injection-molded resin that creates a rigid and durable cone, giving both models the ability to produce more accurate and tight bass from a shallow compact design. The innovative enclosure design enables the TS-SWX3002 and TS-SWX2002 to be installed freely in the cabin or luggage area, standing upright or downfacing, for optimal utilization of space. The enclosure is fully carpeted, creating a non-slip, durable and scratch resistant surface.
- TS-SWX3002 – 12" Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure size: 20-1/2" x 13-7/8" x 6-3/8"
- TS-SWX2002 – 8" Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure size: 11-3/4" x 9-1/4" X 5-1/2"
The TS-WX120A amplified subwoofer is now available with a suggested retail price of $250. The TS-SWX3002 and TS-SWX2002 12" and 8" shallow-mount pre-loaded enclosures are now available with suggested retail prices of $250 and $170 respectively.
For more information on all of the new products visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Siri not available in all languages or all areas and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
3 Spotify Premium requires a monthly paid subscription.
4iPhone devices must be running iOS 8.0 or newer and Android devices must be running Android 4.2 or newer to run this application. The Pioneer ARC app is intended to be used when the smartphone is installed in a secure cradle.
5CD function playback not available on MVH-X580BS
PIONEER and NEX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
iPhon,and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
SPOTIFY is a registered trademark of Spotify AB.
ANDROID is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.