Pioneer Introduces The ND-DVR100 Dash Camera, A Useful Tool For Any Driver
Pioneer introduces the ND-DVR100 dash camera, a useful tool that can monitor driver performance, and show speed, direction, and more. For anyone who drives, regardless of how near or far, the ND-DVR100 is a must-own product.
How it Functions
ND-DVR100 automatically begins recording when powered on, seamlessly capturing video clip files in a continuous loop on the included 8GB microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full. If the built-in G-sensor of the ND-DVR100 detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that video file is locked and stored in an Event folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. Videos clips can be viewed directly on the camera’s display for when the driver is safely parked, or from the microSD card, and stored files can be easily transferred to an external device or computer.
The dashboard camera records 1080p HD video at 27.5 fps (frames per second) and features a wide aperture lens to provide high quality recordings and still photos in daylight and low light. The 27.5 fps frame rate was specifically chosen to accurately capture LED traffic lights, which often operate at 60Hz– especially helpful in the case of a traffic signal related video. In addition to recording HD video, the ND-DVR100 has the capability to capture still images so that in the event of an accident, the driver can detach the camera and take detailed photos from outside the vehicle. Using its built-in GPS receiver, the ND-DVR100 can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files.
How it Fits
The compact ND-DVR100 is designed for unobtrusive mounting behind or next to the rearview mirror.* This design integrates cleanly into the vehicle interior, preserves the driver’s view of the road, and places the camera as high as possible to maximize the camera’s recording field of view. The unit is easy to install and detach, features a 114-degree viewing angle and an adjustable tilt camera lens to accommodate various windshield angles and mounting positions.
- Dual mode operation:
- Driving mode: When the vehicle is moving, the camera captures seamless and continuous recording of video clip files, with three available sensitivity settings for impact detection. When triggered, the camera stores the video clip in an Event folder so that it is not overwritten and is available for later access.
- Parking mode: When the vehicle is parked, the camera initiates standby mode. Recording automatically begins during this mode if the G-sensor detects an impact or motion is detected in front of the camera.
- Video resolution: Full High Definition
- Screen size: 2.0” LCD
- 3.5-meter car charger power cable
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions- 2-3/8” x 2-5/8” x 1-1/2”
For more information about the dash camera, visit- http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car.
The ND-DVR-100 will be available in January with a suggested retail price of $150.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Torrance, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies, Inc. (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
CAUTION: Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
* Do not install this product in your vehicle if its location or use would obstruct the driver's clear view of the road or the operation of any vehicle airbag. It is also the driver’s responsibility to know and comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the driving location, including, for example, passenger privacy rights, and not to use the device in any location where its installation or use is prohibited.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.