New Pioneer Plasmas Use PureDrive Pro to Deliver Improved Brightness and Detailed Imagery for Professional Users
Two new high-definition commercial plasmas introduced at InfoComm today by Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. utilize PureDrive™ Pro circuitry along with other proprietary technologies to deliver exceptional picture quality for commercial applications. PureDrive™ Pro, developed exclusively for professional displays, is one of the industry’s most powerful signal processing engines to maintain the purest digital signal possible for minimal data loss from any signal type. The 60” PDP-607CMX and 50” PDP-507CMX stand apart from ordinary displays in their ability to deliver sharper, more focused images with improved efficiency using proprietary technologies, like PureDrive™ Pro, developed by Pioneer during the past eight years.
“Superior image quality is one of the most important aspects of a professional plasma, whether it’s for a public venue or executive boardroom, the display must be able to get your message across with picture that is both eye-catching and easy to view,” said Jim Krodel, vice president of industrial display for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’ve incorporated the same breakthrough technologies that made our consumer plasmas amazing, to our new professional plasmas to provide a picture that truly sets itself apart from current displays.”
Flexibility for Commercial Applications
For the flexibility required by the professional market, both plasmas offer Pioneer’s Expansion Solutions™ technology. Through dual slots located at the bottom of the plasma, users can insert a variety of expansion cards that will change or enhance the displays’ capabilities for easily customizable digital signage, boardroom and other business applications. Pioneer’s Expansion Solutions program creates a more future-proof environment by enabling users to modify each plasma to meet the rapid evolution of display and communication technology. Pioneer’s plasmas can be adapted through expansion cards to allow access to the World Wide Web, to create a TV tuner for system control, MPEG playback, signal interface, wireless connectivity or for an imbedded PC. As expert third party manufacturers continue to develop more cards, the breadth of new applications for Pioneer’s plasma displays will continue to expand.
Sharp, Bright, Accurate Image Reproduction
The new plasmas employ Pioneer’s PureDrive™ Pro technology, developed exclusively for its professional displays, delivering a clear, smooth and natural image quality in any professional application. PureDrive Pro features one of the industry’s most powerful signal processing engines with a 12-bit digital high performance chip drive that maintains the purest digital signal possible ensuring full digital image processing with minimal data loss for all signal types.
For accurate reproduction of grayscale levels, Advanced Continuous Emission IV detects the type of content shown on the screen and dynamically optimizes the distribution of color gradation for optimum detail within black areas.
To improve picture quality and reduce ambient light reflections, the PDP-507CMX uses a First Surface Pure Color Filter. This filter is bonded directly to the plasma glass, instead of utilizing an additional layer of glass, for less reflection, less overall television weight and less future environmental waste impact. The reduction of the extra glass may, however, create a slight increase in audio noise from the plasma.
The sharper, more color accurate picture on the PDP-607CMX is a result of the Pure Color Filter II, which greatly decreases external light reflectivity and provides high contrast and clarity for improved image reproduction even in bright environments.
Pioneer’s plasma displays offer significant longevity for a commercial user. Sixty thousand hours is an approximate time for the display panel to reach half of its original luminescence. This approximation may vary depending on source and type of content, settings, environment and use. This approximation does not provide or imply any warranty beyond the manufacturer's standard limited warranty.
· Intelligent Dual Screen Mode – For impressive presentation and promotions, this allows for the creation of a variety of dual-image variations when using picture-in-picture mode
· Seamless Orbiter – A Pioneer industry-first technology that functions to move the entire image in extremely small steps of less than a pixel for a reduction in display “ghosting” while not interfering with viewers’ experiences
· Intelligent Video Wall Mode – Allows for simple creation of multi-monitor video walls of up to 25 screens. Two modes, “Adjusted” for reproducing images and “Normal” for displaying text and diagrams
· Program Timer – A weekly timer that can control up to seven of the display’s functions, allowing for convenient operation of video walls
· High Speed Image Switch – Allows operators to alternate from one input to another at a speed of less than half a second for smooth, comfortable viewing of a display at exhibition halls or event venues.
· Dual Image Freeze – When viewing a picture-in-picture or side-by-side image, this allows the user to temporarily freeze one image while still viewing another image in real time during presentations or meetings
· RS232C Status Feedback - Permits remote confirmation of the display’s status when connected to a control device through the RS-232C interface
· Intelligent Auto Setup – This function automatically adjusts the screen when a computer is connected
The PDP-507CMX will be available in September and the PDP-607CMX will be available in October for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $6255 and $10,005, respectively.
The Industrial Display Group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is the leading provider of plasma and video display products for business use. Pioneer introduced the industry’s first 50-inch high definition plasma display in 1997 and continues to deliver innovative display solutions for professional audio/video, information technology, trade show, broadcast, legal, medical, education and transportation applications. In an effort to provide the highest quality of customer care, Pioneer professional plasma displays that are purchased through an authorized dealer, include a one-year warranty with convenient on-site service and technical support. Additional information can be found at www.pioneerindustrialav.com or by calling (800) 421-1625.