Pioneer Demonstrates Industry-Leading High-Definition Products, Home Networking, and Intuitive Navigation Software at the Western Show. Networked Home, Games, Set-Top Box Innovations and Diagnostic Tools to Highlight Show
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. and Pioneer Digital Technologies, Inc., leaders in cable television digital set-top boxes and interactive navigation software, will showcase a premiere selection of thrilling demonstrations in booth #3906 of the Anaheim Convention Center at this week's Western Show convention. The latest in high definition cable, home networking technology and interactive technology services from Pioneer will be on display. These cable TV advancements include:
- Voyager® 3510HD: Pioneer's new price competitive and feature rich HDTV enabled digital set-top box offers cable viewers the ability to decode various high-definition (HD) cable formats and enjoy maximum picture quality from HD cable sources as well as standard definition analog and digital television sources. The 3510HD is the latest digital cable set-top box addition to Pioneer's Voyager series and features a built-in ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) digital decoder with video outputs that can pass native 1080i signals (1,080 lines of resolution), or down-convert those signals based on display capabilities. The 3510HD also boasts full graphics over HD for seamless integration of HD channels. To maximize cinema quality transmission, the demonstration will be shown on one of Pioneer's award-winning 16x9 HDTV compatible plasma screens.
- BTM-850W Gateway Modem: A 'three-in-one' modem-based product, Pioneer's gateway demonstration will showcase a stand-alone device that integrates a DOCSIS 1.0 (1.1 Pending Certification Wave 24) cable modem, router-gateway with a four port Ethernet switch, wireless base station (802.11b compliant), all in one device. The BT-M850W is also hardware ready for Cable Home 1.0 and supports Home PNA 2.0. Additionally, the modem maintains data privacy with 40/128 bit WEP encryption and triple DES, promoting an ideal platform to bridge devices on the home network, including PCs, printers, set-top boxes, and cameras to the external networks and their services, such as streaming video, gaming, shopping, VOD, and other broadband Internet applications.
- Passport™ 3.0 Navigation and Application Suite: This highly reliable, industry proven software technology, now includes on-demand services. It offers a comprehensive array of powerful digital capabilities. Features include an easy-to-use interactive program guide with detailed program information, channel banner browsing, parental control features, and advanced integrated VOD and SVOD. Passport 3.0 also offers support for downloadable interactive applications such as Web browsing, e-mail, chat, weather, sports, interactive games, stocks, news and more. Passport's dynamic user interface is comprised of animated graphic transitions that emulate a broadcast TV experience and provide intuitive cues for user navigation.
- PassTime™ Games: Sit back, relax and take PassTime Games for a little test drive. Designed to retain customer loyalty and cut-down on churn, Pioneer will demonstrate the first in a series of forthcoming interactive games developed for the Passport 3.0 platform to enhance entertainment options for subscribers. The single-user games feature easy to navigate controls that allow viewers to play along while watching their desired programming in scaled video. The PassTime Games application is an optional add-on to the Passport Application Suite and the latest revenue-generating addition to the currently deployed platform. Featuring animated graphics for traditional solitaire games as well as games that put a twist on blackjack and poker, the games are the latest example of Pioneer's commitment to the cable industry.
- Webnostics™: Webnostics is the world's first remote access diagnostic tool for cable TV set-top boxes, allowing cable TV operators to remotely access real-time diagnostic information from an individual subscriber's set-top box through the use of a PC and a locally installed Web browser. This patent pending software allows an operator to diagnose and evaluate the performance of set-top boxes from a local head-end facility, or anywhere within the operator's intranet, instead of having to roll a truck or depend on customers for diagnostic screen information.
About Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Cable and Communications
Pioneer has a 25-year history as a leading hardware provider in the cable television industry. The company has deployed more than 10 million analog and digital cable set-top boxes within the U.S., featuring the Voyager® series of advanced digital cable products. With its steadfast dedication to technological development, Pioneer's Cable and Communications Group continues to be an innovative leader in the cable television industry. It is a part of Business Solutions Division, which provides professional business-to-business products across a wide range of markets including cable television, professional video/audio, educational, medical, legal and banking. Pioneer is one of only three companies enjoying a major share among digital set-top boxes deployed in the country today. Visit Pioneer Cable and Communications at www.pioneerbroadband.com.
About Pioneer Digital Technologies, Inc.
For more than 25 years, Pioneer has been a leading provider in the cable television industry. Today, Pioneer Digital has deployed its Passport™ navigation and application suite throughout several cable systems on a variety of digital cable set-top platforms. With its steadfast dedication to technological development, Pioneer Digital continues to be an innovative leader in the cable television industry. Visit Pioneer at www.pioneerbroadband.com.