Full Color 50" Plasma Display Panel
- Pioneer has created the industry's largest and thinnest XGA 50" Plasma Display Panel.
- Using advanced technology, the PDP-V501X displays an image superior to LCD, CRT, front or rear projection screens in only a fraction of the space.
- The basis of Pioneer's system is our unique square plasma cells which yield exceptionally high on-screen brightness through the application of the world's most advanced plasma cell structure.
- The complicated structure of the cell is all contained within a diminutive 0.808mm X 0.858mm shell.
- Cells function through the application of electric charges to rare gases contained within.
- Charges produce ultraviolet radiation which energizes phosphors causing them to emit light, generating visible radiation that emerges through the front of the color PDP's face glass substrate, combining with the light from adjacent pixels to create an image.
- The PDP-V501X combines 983,040 of these minute plasma cells into a flat screen design to produce the clearest, brightest image with no distortion edge to edge or from an angle.
- Plasma Display Panel (PDP) technology has revolutionized the field of large screen display.
- Our conveniently sized PDP-V501X unit has a chassis that is only slightly larger than the actual screen itself.
- Lightweight and flexible, the PDP-V501X works well in any public arena.
- These advanced, affordable devices are perfect for public display applications where large crowds need to see large, eye-catching messages or images without the use of a projector.
Public venues include:
Sports arenasAnd many, many more!
- In addition to these features, the PDP-V501X has multiple inputs which allow flawless reproduction of both video and computer images (XGA).
- Inputs can be controlled via an easy-to-use infrared remote control which allows you to use many of the functions.
- The PDP-V501X also has a RS-232 port provided for computer control images.
- Ideally suited for a wide range of public display applications, the PDP-V501X has a 50-inch screen allowing detailed video, text or computer-generated images to be viewed clearly from a distance of up to several yards.
- With a 16:9 aspect ratio that will become the standard for future HDTV broadcast, however, it will also accommodate existing standards of both video and computer generated multi-media images. The PDP-V501X can be easily integrated into your system.
- Pioneer has developed the world's most advanced Plasma cell structure technology to allow the PDP-V501X to achieve exceptionally high on-screen brightness levels as high as 350 cd/m2.
- Pioneer's plasma technology allows the PDP-V501X to display rich full-color images representing 256 gray-scale definition and a whopping 16.8 million colors, without the picture noise often associated with a traditional plasma display.
- In spite of its large, 50-inch viewable area, the PDP-V501X is very easy to install.
- With overall dimensions of 48" (W) X 28" (H) X 3.86" (D) and a weight of under 95 lbs., this display can be mounted in all types of locations in which a comparable sized CRT would require much more depth and structured support.
- Applying our unrivaled experience in creating industrial, large screen display systems, we've designed the PDP-V501X for flexible installation ready to meet the user's application needs.
- The rear panel comes installation-ready with several pre-drilled mounting holes to fit any ceiling, wall or desktop.
- In addition to NTSC capability, this model also accepts digital (1280X768, XGA) which means computer-generated text, graphics or video output can be displayed on the big screen.
- The PDP-V501X incorporates many useful features unavailable on other plasma displays, including an integrator mode and a key lock option.
- A significant advantage PDP's hold over LCD or other displays is a much wider 160 degree viewing angle both horizontally and vertically, allowing a larger audience to enjoy a clearer off access viewing of the screen.
- Plasma displays produce images by adjusting the brightness, color and contrast of each pixel on the screen, so there is absolutely no difference in potential brightness between center pixels and the corners and edges.
- The flat screen design yields image reproduction free from the edge distortion that is common in CRT displays.
- Unlike CRT's, Plasma displays don't employ an electron beam. They are completely unaffected by magnetic fields.
- In practical terms, once adjusted the PDP-V501X may be located close to loud speakers or other sources of magnetism without picture distortion.
|Screen Size||50" diagonal|
|Pixels||1280 Horizontal/768 Vertical|
|Pixel Patch||1.00 (RGB Trio) X 1.06mm|
|Colors||16.8 Million (24 bit)|
|Brightness||350 cd/m2 without a filter|
|View Angle||160 (Horizontal) 160 (Vertical)|
|Dimensions||1218mm (W) X 714mm X 98mm (D)|
|Inputs||NTSC Composite, RGB, XGA|
|PDP-501 General Specifications||543 kb|
|PDP-501 Technical Manual||1,867 kb|
|Mounting Instructions for use on a veritical surface||2,965 kb|
|Product Information Bulletin # 351304: Serial Communcation||27 kb|
|Product Information Bulletin # 351302: Graphics Cards||31 kb|
|pcube, an application to control and balance plasma color||129 Kb|